Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tips and Secrets to the Benefits of Juicing

This information is written from a truly personal point of view. I started juicing about 15 years ago. At that time I owned a company and was the CEO, constrained mostly to an office desk job. I weighed 200 pounds (about 30 pounds overweight) and was not eating properly. Then I came across a report about the health benefits gained from juicing.

I ended up buying a juice machine off a television commercial. I started my juicing "experiment" to see if I could really lose weight, attain more energy, and overall feel better. I was pretty skeptical about this "juicing" ordeal. To my surprise it actually worked.

After juicing for three months I lost 33 pounds, had much more energy, and overall felt great. I have to admit that I did NOT increase my exercise routine, join a gym, or change anything else, including drinking beer and occasional bourbon. I only juiced breakfast and lunch and continued to eat a "normal" dinner.

When I started seeing results I did watch what I ate when I was traveling on business. Only ate lean meat that was not fried, veggies that were not soaked in butter or oils, and drink eight to ten glasses of water each day. Nothing earth shaking but just reasonable, easily done stuff like that. I continued to see weight melt off me to the point a lot of people asked me what I was doing.

Have to admit there were some embarrassing moments because I really did not know what I was doing at first. I tried including garlic into some of my juice recipes except I thought a garlic clove meant the whole garlic "bulb". Had to go to church for my daughter's child program and I reeked of garlic, let alone of how strong the juice was when I drink it.

Since those early times I continue to reap the benefits of juicing to the point it is now just my normal way of eating. You learn a lot from experiencing it for yourself. The following benefits are what I have found to be the most valuable.

· Improved Health- Overall health has improved that I have never had a "sick" day in fifteen years. No major health problems and a very manageable weight with continued energy. Your immune system is actually improved.

· Improved Digestion- Instead of the enzymes being wasted on breaking down lots of plant fiber they are able to break down the unusable food material in the body that is waste. Improved digestion has a vital and positive effect on overall health. Less undigested food in your body enables you to have more energy for other functions.

· More Nutrients- It has been estimated that 80% of a plants vital nutrients are contained in the "skin" of the fruit or vegetable. Juicing allows you to capture these usually lost nutrients. Trace elements and live enzymes are provided through juicing your food. These are extremely hard to obtain without eating an extreme amount of live plants. These are easily to absorb through the normal digestion process and the nutrients are more readily available to the body without much effort.

· Toxics - Juicing allows your body to rid itself of many of the toxins that one normally has in the body from other types of eating and environment exposures.

· Poor Diet Transformation- After a while your body will start craving the healthy food stuff instead of the food material that most of us usually crave, ie. fried fast food. This usually occurs over a very short period of time.

· Weight Loss- Since your body takes in more of the GOOD foods that are easily and readily used, the fat starts to simply melt away. The enzymes are used to burn for energy thereby using the stored fat cell energy. In a short time you realize this important benefit of juicing.

As mentioned before, I only juice two of the three normal meals per day. Your body still needs the benefits provided from actually "chewed" food material. Just simply consider what you eat at the un-juiced meal. Keep in mind that the proteins and nutrients need to come from lean meat and non-fat saturated veggies and fruit.

When I began this juicing trial I purchased a centrifugal type juicer. The newer models are the masticating juicers which I highly recommend. They allow for even more of the plant nutrients to be in the actual juice. They also allow for more of the fiber material to be saved which renders a much more tasteful juice.

Learn much more about the Benefits of Juicing and a brief review of the best juice extractors machines available for home use at: Best Juice Extractors

I am an avid sports fan and outdoor enthusiast. I have devoted the last ten years in helping people gain better health through better eating habits and knowledge. Find out more about what I have to offer at: http://www.bestjuiceextractors.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=William_Gerald_Shepard